‘’Awareness is like the Sun. When it shines in things, they are transformed’’ – Thich Nhat Hanh
Our Awareness approach is geared towards:
- Creating a heightened awareness about child mortality in Lagos State, which we believe is the first step to solving a problem.
- Raising awareness about:
The effects on the society at large
The effects on those directly affected
The possible solutions needed to tackle this problem
- Organizing Campaigns and Outreach programs to equip mothers and pregnant women with the information, knowledge and skills needed to take better care of their children and newborns.
- Raising awareness among individuals and corporate bodies through written proposals and events.
- Creating wide spread awareness through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram etc.
To change ‘’what is’’ into ‘’what should be’’
Berachah Advocacy strategy aims to:
- Work with Policy makers to influence and promote policies and programs that are aimed at reducing child mortality rates in Nigeria
- Protect and defend the rights of children
- Form strategic partnerships with Government Agencies and Organizations to cause and support positive changes
- Become a voice for the child whose survival rate is low simply by reason of birth in an underserved and impoverished community.
- Work to ensure that the needed resources to tackle child mortality in communities are made readily available to mother and child
Research conducted strongly indicates that a child’s survival is linked to the mothers’ survival thus all Berachah advocacy efforts shall be geared towards mother and child survival.
Berachah Access strategy includes:
- Plans to ensure safe delivery for mothers
- Provision of easier access to Health Care Centers
- Provision of income generating skills to improve their quality of living
- Provision of nutritional supplements to mother and child
- Provision of opportunities for skill acquisition learning
- Tackling malnutrition to help the child fight diseases. Malnutrition decreases the child’s chance of survival when exposed to diseases
- Access to mental health & developmental programs in the most formative years. So the child doesn’t just survive but thrives and breaks the poverty cycle.